- Business: emap
- Brands: Construction News, Ground Engineering, New Civil Engineer, Local Government Chronicle and Nursing Times
- Base Location: Fleet street /Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive
emap is a dynamic content, subscription and event based business, dedicated to connecting influential individuals and organizations with key decision-makers, data, and ideas across our B2B portfolio of brands. Our brands are highly respected and influential, with mentions in parliament and our editorial team frequently appearing in TV and radio discussions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Subscriptions Sales Manager to drive revenue growth for the brands in our portfolio including Local Government Chronicle, Construction News, and Nursing Times corporate subscriptions.
Your main responsibilities will be to grow the revenue of our corporate subscriptions, by attracting new business (for example from local authorities, NHS Trusts, tier 1 and 2 contractors), and growing the existing accounts we have.
You will be responsible for building a new business sales pipeline, by outreach to prospects, in addition to handling leads generated by the marketing team and attending our own or third party events when needed.
An important part of this role is also the fostering and development of our sales team (one sales executive and one customer success executive).
- Sales Strategy: Develop and execute sales strategies and plans for our branded subscriptions, focusing on customer acquisition, retention, and revenue growth, surpassing targets, and creating long-term value. You will build your own sales pipeline and ensure your sales executive also does this, reporting weekly to the Marketing Director on the progress of the team pipeline.
- You will also ensure that the customer success executive continues to drive subscription use and increase engagement online.
- Team Leadership: Manage a small sales team, providing guidance, motivation, and training to achieve outstanding results.
- Revenue Generation: Personally contribute to new business, renewals, and win-backs.
- Client Relationships: Nurture client relationships to enhance engagement, drive incremental sales, and grow existing subscriptions.
- Collaboration: Work closely with marketing managers and brand editors to build and enhance subscription product strategies, identify new opportunities, and drive revenue.
- Market Insight: Monitor market and competitor developments to shape sales strategy.
- Forecasting: Accurate and timely revenue forecasting, including pipeline management.
- Talent Development: Recruit, nurture, and retain exceptional sales talent, with a focus on development and career progression.
Skills and experience:
- Sales Track Record: Proven success in achieving sales targets and driving growth in a B2B media environment.
- Management Skills: Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and coach sales teams effectively.
- Collaboration: Experience working with piers and senior colleagues and achieving results through influence.
- Customer-Centric: Deep understanding of customer information needs.
- Commercially astute and analytically minded
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of success
- Strong financial aptitude
- Ability to influence at a senior level
- High attention to detail, and able to spot trends and glean insights from raw data
- Target and results orientated
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behavior needs and changing trends
- A problem solver – curious in nature, able to review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions.
- A creative mind set – someone who can put forward innovative ideas and see them through.
- Ability to identify opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality.
- Confident team leader.
- Passionate about people and nurturing talent
- Practical, resourceful and results orientated.
- Problem solver who is tenacious, positive, and determined
- Creative and strategic thinker with drive and commitment.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious about a career in B2B sales.
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.