- Business: Metropolis Group
- Base Location: Croydon or Ealing/ Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £44,000 DOE +10% Bonus
- Visa sponsorship or remote working are not available
About the company and the job:
Trading as emap for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business, we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 480 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Fleet street, Devon and Dublin.
The group has an ERP system which is being replaced by Netsuite to improve efficiencies in the finance processes. Once implemented Netsuite and CRM – Elan will be the main finance systems. Elan running the billing and AR with Nesuite hosting the GL and AP systems.Following an internal promotion, the post of Systems Accountant is now being recruited.
The main aim of the role in the first 12 months is:
- Fully involved in implementation of Netsuite in conjunction with the Project Manager and team.
- Taking ownership of the new system and documenting all processes and preparing documents for Operating Practices and Training Manuals
- Administration of users and tight control on licences on Netsuite and Expenses systems
- Developing Reports
- Promoting correct use of processes across users
- Training new users on use of the system.
- Responsibility for smooth financial operations through efficient use of systems.
Skills and Experience: Systems
- Maintenance of chart of accounts on ERP – G/L, Cc, Dept., VAT Codes etc.
- Maintain Integrity of ELAN G/L Structure and ensure Netsuite and ELAN codes are in sync
- Maintaining matrix of users and optimum use of software licences.
- Develop reports on Netsuite and ELAN, train users on reporting / analysis.
- Payment Gateway Access Maintenance – ADMIN LOGINs (FDMS IPG and OMNIPAY Platforms)
- Assist Sales order processing and credit control with Elan issues.
- Take responsibility for data migration / archiving on new Netsuite implementation.
- MIDs Portal Access Maintenance
- ELAN Month-End Checks prior to the Close, PLUS Year-End Check Processes, ensure ELAN and Netsuite are in sync.
- Period control on Netsuite and ELAN.
Finance and Banking
- AUDIT Queries and Tasks.
- Maintain matrix of Bank account signatories and users, completion of forms, KYC documentation, etc.
- Liaise with Bank on direct debit and online banking matters.
- Maintain Corporate credit card users accounts adding / deleting / modifying.
- Assist with integration of acquired businesses / intra group mergers.
- PCI compliance.
- A part qualified accountant with 10 years hands on experience in ERP and CRM systems.
- Has been part of an ERP implementation team.
- Ability to understand end to end processes in detail and suggest systems solutions.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to manipulate high volumes of data accurately.
- Team player with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Deadline focused, numerate and accurate.
Career & Personal Development:
We have a dedicated in-house Learning and Developing coordinator to guide you and support you with your career development.
Here at emap, we consider employee learning & development very fundamental to the continuous success of our businesses. As a result, we provide an environment where continuous development takes place, and employees are supported to meet the ever-changing demands and priorities of the workplace.
To achieve this goal, our employees are encouraged to identify respective areas of personal and professional development focused on six (6) strategic areas (Management & People: Health; Safety; Wellbeing, Sales, Events, Marketing, Editorial, Information Technology), and we have a framework to help equip employees with the right knowledge, skills and behaviors required to deliver in their job roles, which ultimately contributes value towards achieving set organizational objectives.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Optional- one paid volunteer day per year
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working, laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs. We are flexible with the office location; you could be based in Croydon or Ealing. Due to the nature of the job there might be occasional visits to other office locations. We have offices in Croydon, Ealing, and Fleet street.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.